Mushrooms are a delicious hardy vegetable that can be accompanied by nearly any main dish. The secret ingredient to perfectly cooked mushrooms is butter! Many people are used to cooking their vegetables in oil, but butter will elevate your mushrooms to the next level! Add a few herbs and spices and your family will love this side dish!
Perfect your Basic Mushroom Recipe
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme (chopped)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Clean and slice mushrooms. Set aside.
- Add butter and garlic to a saute pan. Melt butter over medium heat.
- Add mushrooms and herbs to pan. Stir for 8-9 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.