You’ve been asked to bring a dish to share, but are really stretched for time. Turn to blackberry meatballs, perhaps the easiest appetizer in the world. They are tangy-sweet with a hint of smokiness. The seven ingredients for blackberry meatballs are simple, and you toss everything together into a crockpot to cook while you run errands.
You can buy frozen mini-meatballs and use them without defrosting, which makes things so much easier Make them ahead of time and just warm them up!
Tip: You may want to make two batches, one for home and one for the gathering as they disappear quickly.
The Unexpected Recipe: Blackberry Meatballs
- 12 ounce bag mini-meatballs
- 12 ounces jar chili sauce
- 10 ounces blackberry jelly or jam
- 1 teaspoon Worchestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon pink Zinfandel
- Place the frozen meatballs in a large mixing bowl.
- Add all the other ingredients.
- Stir gently until the meatballs are covered.
- Transfer into a crockpot.
- Set the crockpot to high for 2-3 hours, or low for 4-6 hours.
- Transfer into a serving dish with toothpicks.