I love both Grand Marnier and Cointreau when used as cocktail ingredients, as
they bring some sweetness and depth along with a heavy dose of orange citrus
flavor. This cocktail is inspired by the classic Old Fashioned, with a few notable
This following recipe is for 1 cocktail.
Grand Marnier Old Fashioned
- 2.5 oz high-quality Bourbon
- 1 oz Grand Marnier
- ¼ oz simple syrup
- 2 dashes of Orange bitters
- 1 wedge of fresh orange, (as garnish)
- 1 Maraschino cherry, (as garnish)
- Place the cocktail ingredients in a shaker tin with ice.
- Stir the cocktail with a cocktail spoon for ten seconds.
- Strain the chilled cocktail contents into a rocks glass containing one large ice cube.
- Garnish with the wedge of orange and Maraschino cherry.