You don’t have to belong to a fancy country club to enjoy an epic Turkey Club sandwich on the weekend. This recipe includes your traditional three slices of toasted bread, piled high with sliced roast turkey breast, cranberry sauce, sliced ham, fried bacon, lettuce, tomato, mayo, avocado, Swiss & American cheeses, and dill pickles.
If you are making these for a larger party and don’t want to serve people whole sandwiches, you can cut the sandwiches into quarters, and serve them up on a large serving tray.
The recipe below is for only one sandwich, but can easily be scaled up based on how many sandwiches you would like to make.
Fully-Loaded Roast Turkey Club Sandwiches
- 3 slices of white bread
- 6 tsp salted butter, softened
- 1 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 4oz fresh roasted turkey breast, sliced into 1/8” slices
- 2 Tbsp cranberry sauce
- 2 slices Swiss cheese
- 3oz sliced ham
- 3 slices bacon, cooked crispy
- 4 pieces of lettuce, the same size as the bread
- ½ tomato, sliced 1/8” thick
- ½ avocado, sliced thin
- 2 slices American cheese
- 8 dill pickle chips
- 4 toothpicks, for securing sandwich layers together prior to cutting in quarters
- Get all of the ingredients prepped for assembly.
- Toast each piece of bread until golden brown on both sides.
- When the bread comes out of the toaster, add the softened salted butter in a thin layer to the insides of the bread, leaving two pieces with butter on only one side, and the third piece with butter on both sides
- Begin to assemble the sandwich.
- Add one piece of bread on the bottom, with the unbuttered side touching the plate or cutting board.
- Spread a thin layer of mayo on the side of the bread facing up, and add half of the sliced fresh roasted turkey breast.
- Add cranberry sauce on top of the sliced roast turkey.
- Add 1 slice of Swiss cheese and 1 slice of American cheese on top of the cranberry sauce.
- Add half of the sliced ham on top of the sliced cheeses.
- Add 1.5 slices of crispy bacon on top of the sliced ham.
- Add 2 pieces of lettuce on top of the crispy bacon.
- Add sliced tomato on top of the lettuce.
- Add half of the sliced avocado to the tomato.
- Add half of the dill pickle chips on top of the sliced avocado.
- Add your middle piece of toasted bread, and repeat the layering process for the second tier of your club sandwich: Mayo, followed by sliced roast turkey, followed by cranberry sauce, followed by cheeses, ham, bacon, lettuce, tomato, avocado, and dill pickle chips.
- Use 4 toothpicks to hold the sandwich layers together.
- Cut on the diagonal to form 4 Club Sandwich triangles.
- Serve on a plate and enjoy, with a side of potato chips.
With your roast turkey here, you can easily substitute for a wide range of other meats, cooked in different ways. For example, a confit duck leg or breaded & fried pork loin club sandwich would be incredible.
If you have something in your fridge that sounds good to you that is not included on this list, add it in!
When Thanksgiving rolls around this year, I am looking forward to making myself a similar sandwich to the one listed above. I will definitely add in some leftover Thanksgiving stuffing as one of the sandwich layers.