Toasted fennel seeds, fresh-pressed fennel bulbs, and fennel fronds are all incorporated into this fennel-forward negroni.
This cocktail recipe serves four people, but can be scaled up or down. If you don’t have a juicer, you can omit the fresh fennel bulb juice.
- 5 oz sweet vermouth
- ¼ cup fennel seeds, ( toasted)
- 4 oz gin
- 4 oz Campari
- Enough ice for 4 cocktails
- 8 green fennel fronds, ( as garnish)
- ½ fresh orange, cut into ¼” slices, (as garnish)
- A few days before you make the cocktail, combine the toasted fennel seeds with the sweet vermouth and allow to steep.
- Cut fennel bulb into chunks and put pieces through a juicer, retaining the fennel bulb liquid.
- When the toasted fennel seeds have had time to steep in the sweet vermouth, strain out the fennel seeds and reserve the vermouth.
- Combine vermouth, fennel juice, gin, and Campari with some ice and stir to cool.
- Pour the chilled liquid into glasses with your desired quantity of ice.
- Garnish with fresh orange slices and fresh fennel fronds, if desired.