As the weather turns from cool to cold this winter, try this warm whiskey ginger cocktail, served in mugs, while sitting by the fire.
The recipe below makes two cocktails.
Cold Night Whiskey Ginger
As the weather turns from cool to cold this winter, try this warm whiskey ginger cocktail, served in mugs, while sitting by the fire. The recipe below makes two cocktails.
- 8 oz ginger beer
- 2 oz fresh-pressed ginger juice ( pressed from 6oz fresh ginger)
- 1 oz simple syrup
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 4 oz whiskey of choice
- 2 pieces candied ginger, or more, as garnish
- 2 mugs, warmed gently in the microwave
- Add ginger beer, fresh-pressed ginger juice, simple syrup, and cinnamon sticks to a small pot, and bring the liquid mixture to a simmer.
- Turn off heat and allow the mixture to cool down to reach a comfortable drinkable temperature.
- Gently warm 2 heavy mugs in the microwave until they are warm.
- Stir the lemon juice and whiskey into the liquid mixture you heated on the stove earlier.
- Serve the drinks in the warmed mugs, garnished with the cinnamon sticks and some candied ginger.
To make your own simple syrup at home, mix ½ cup of white granulated sugar with ½ cup of water in a pot on the stove. Stir until the sugar is dissolved. Turn off the heat, and cool the mixture down for whenever you want to use it.