Unexpected guests stop over. You have your partner keep them occupied while you scramble for something to put out for snacking. Depending on the day of the week, your resources might be quite low. But if you have cheese in the house, you can make cheese crisps that will be ready in about 15 minutes!
The beauty of cheese crisps is that it pretty much doesn’t matter what kind of cheese is hanging out in your refrigerator door. This recipe uses cheddar, but you can also consider:
Tip: Ensure you bake the cheese crisps until the cheese fully melts. It will begin turning golden brown. When you take them out, they need enough cooling time to harden. Otherwise, your crisps will be soggy.
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- Set the oven to warm at 400 F.
- Prepare two baking sheets by lining them with parchment paper.
- Use two teaspoons of shredded cheese, shaping it into a little round mound on the baking sheet.
- Repeat with the rest of the cheese, leaving room for it to spread out (kind of like cookies)
- Bake for 7 minutes (look for that golden brown).
- Cool for 7-10 minutes before removing them from the baking sheet to serve (they firm up as they cool).
- If you wish, you can sprinkle herbs and spices on top of the crisps while they’re still warm. Garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, caraway seeds, and Italian seasonings are all examples.