Are you looking for a breakfast that will provide you with the energy you need for the day ahead while also being bright, spicy, and full of flavor? Breakfast tacos with chorizo and fried eggs are a perfect fit!
This recipe features warm, soft tortillas, sauteed chorizo and potatoes, fried eggs, and a variety of simple taco garnishes.
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Yukon gold potatoes, (medium dice)
- 1 shallot, (finely minced)
- 2 garlic cloves, (minced)
- 8 oz spicy chorizo, (finely diced)
- Kosher salt & freshly-ground black pepper, (to taste)
- 2 Tbsp fresh chives, (finely sliced)
- 2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- 8 whole eggs
- 8 medium-sized corn tortillas, (lightly griddled on both sides)
- Your favorite hot sauce, (to serve)
- 1 Tbsp fresh cilantro, (to serve)
- 1 lime, (cut into quarters, to serve)
- ¾ cup queso fresco, (crumbled, to serve)
- ½ cup sour cream, (to serve)
- Place a large pan on medium heat.
- Add your 2 Tbsp olive oil, and wait for 30 seconds while the oil warms up.
- Add chopped Yukon gold potatoes to the pan, and sauté them for five mins, or until the potatoes are golden brown.
- After the potatoes have browned, season them with freshly-ground black pepper and salt.
- Add minced garlic and shallots to the pan, and cook for an additional 4 minutes.
- Add the chorizo, then mix everything well.
- Cook everything for an additional five mins, or until the chorizo is cooked through and the baby potatoes are tender.
- Take the pan off the heat and see if you would like to add some additional Kosher salt or freshly-ground black pepper.
- Set the mixture aside for later.
- Place a nonstick pan on medium heat and some of the butter.
- Fry a few eggs at a time in the butter, season with some Kosher salt & freshly-ground black pepper, and assemble tacos individually once the eggs are done frying.
- Briefly griddle both sides of each tortilla, and fill each tortilla with a small scoop of the potato and chorizo filling, some of your favorite hot sauce, queso fresco, freshly-squeezed lime, fresh cilantro, and sour cream.