It seems like everyone is rushing these days. Children leave while the sun is barely up, and sometimes oversleep. You’re trying to head out the door to work. Yet, breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and making breakfasts smoothies may solve your morning time crunch (they’re break-FASTS).
The key to making healthy smoothies is looking to superfoods and spices. You can use whatever fruit you prefer in this, as well as a variety of base liquids. And, if you have some covered containers, you can make them the night before, grab, and go!
If you look at this recipe, you will see there’s a fruit or vegetable option, a liquid option, spice options, and yogurt. Some powerhouse fruits include blueberries, strawberries, lemon, banana, and peach. Blueberries are packed with antioxidants, strawberries provide Vitamin C, banana has potassium, lemon cleanses, and peach is also an antioxidant with high levels of vitamins.
For vegetables, think spinach. It is one of the best foods in the world for well-being. Cucumber detoxifies. For spices? Ginger supports your immune system and helps digestion. Turmeric has anti-inflammatory properties. Chia (or flax seeds) have high amounts of Omega-3s. So, now you have options.
This recipe is a pick-n-go. Decide what combination you want based on your tastes.
Broccoli Cheese Soup
- 1 cup fruit or vegetables
- 1 Tbs honey
- ¼ tsp vanilla (or other flavorings)
- ½ tsp total herbs or spices, adjusted to taste
- ½ cup liquid (nonfat milk, juice, sparkling water, etc.)
- ½ cup Greek yogurt (flavored to match your fruit if you like)
- Prepare the fruits and vegetables (cleaning, peeling, and chopping).
- Place them into a food processor or blender.
- Add the flavorings, liquid, and yogurt.
- Blend until smooth.
- Enjoy it immediately or put it in the refrigerator for the morning or for any time snacking.