Feta, Watermelon, and Mint Salad
- ¼ watermelon (rind removed, cut into 1” cubes)
- 2 navel oranges (peel & pith cut off, flesh cut into small sections)
- ½ shallot (finely minced)
- 1 Tbsp champagne vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Feta cheese (crumbled)
- 10 fresh mint leaves (thinly sliced)
- ½ Cup peanuts ( toasted and roughly chopped)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste.)
- Prepare your cut fruit and set aside.
- Place the minced shallot in a small bowl with the champagne vinegar, Dijon mustard, honey
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Allow to rest for 15 minutes.
- Toss the fruit in this shallot vinaigrette
- Evenly distribute the freshly-sliced mint in the fruit as well.
- Season gently with salt
- Add freshly-ground black pepper to taste.
- Serve the fruit in bowls, topped with crumbled feta, toasted peanuts, and a drizzle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.