This is a nifty twist on a bacon, lettuce, tomato sandwich. Your balsamic multi-tasks in this recipe, being both the marinade and dressing. Add feta, crispy bacon, a touch of honey, and Italian seasoning, and your taste buds will be thanking you after every bite. And for those finicky about eating “rabbit food,” there’s enough meat here to satisfy.
Chicken Avocado Salad
- ⅓ c Modena Balsamic vinegar
- ¼ c Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 2 tsp Italian Seasoning blend
- 2-3 tsp fresh minced garlic
- 1 ½ tbsp wildflower honey (or brown sugar)
- ½ tsp onion powder
- 4 skinless chicken fillets
- ⅓ cup of crisped bacon (more if you wish)
- 12 cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 red onion, sliced thin
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ⅓ cup crumbled Feta
- ¾ bunch Romaine (rough cut)
- Fresh ground salt and pepper to taste
- Place the ingredient for the marinade together and whisk them until well incorporated.
- In a different shallow bowl, pour 3 tbsp of the marinade and coat the chicken filets evenly.
- Set aside
- Crisp up your bacon and set aside
- Wipe your skillet and use it for crisping up the fillets
- After about 7 minutes, they should be cooked
- Mix the romaine with the salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Separate into four portions in bowls
- Top with bacon, avocado, salt and pepper
- Drizzle the mix with the rest of the salad dressing.*