Summing up this Avocado Green Sauce recipe boils down to three words: healthy, simple, and magical! Do you have ten minutes? Do you like the guacamole flavor profile? Then this recipe is sure to please.
You can use this sauce on salads, chicken, dipping vegetables or crackers, sandwich spreads, as a marinade, and so much more. You really can’t go wrong with a base of avocado, garlic, lime, jalapeno, parsley, pistachio… well, you get the idea. Plus it’s totally vegan. The bright green color looks refreshing and like a touch of spring on your table.
A few tips to get you started. You can use walnuts or almonds in place of pistachio. If you’re not a cilantro fan, try fresh basil in its place.
Avocado Green Sauce That Goes With Everything
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 lime (juiced)
- 1 clove garlic (minced)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup shelled pistashios
- Leaving out the pistachios, put all the other ingredients in a food processor. A blender will work, but you may have to tinker with consistency.
- Add pistachios.
- Pulse until nearly smooth (a little texture is good).
- The sauce doesn’t freeze well, but has a refrigerated shelf life of a week if it lasts that long!