Chop salads are easy to make and are full of fresh, healthy ingredients. Chopped salads can be used as an accompaniment to any meal or as the meal itself if you’re looking to shed a few pounds. This recipe will show you how to make an excellent chopped salad that is great on its own or with protein added to it. Get creative with your dressing choices and you’ll love this tasty recipe!
-1 romaine heart, chopped
-1 cup iceberg lettuce, chopped
-1 large shallot, minced
-2 cups of cucumber, peeled and chopped
– 1/2 cup of cherry tomatoes, chopped
-1/2 cup of bell peppers, chopped
-1/2 cup of radishes
-1 ripe avocado, chopped
-1/4 cup of banana peppers
-1/4 cup of parmesan cheese
-Salt and pepper to taste
-2 tablespoons white vinegar
-6 tablespoons of olive oil
-1 tablespoon of dijon mustard
-1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
-1/2 teaspoon of oregano
-1/2 teaspoon of dried basil
-Sale and pepper to taste
1. Wash and cut vegetables into desired sizes. Chop them into small pieces.
2. Place all ingredients in a large bowl and mix them up.
3. Mix salad dressing ingredients in a bowl, mix well until full incorporated.
4. Add dressing to the salad.
5. Serve on its own or as a side dish to complete your meal!
All About the Chopped Salad
- 1 heart romaine (chopped)
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 large shallot (chopped)
- 2 cups cucumber (sliced)
- 1/2 cup cerry tomatoes (chopped)
- 1/2 cup bell peppers (sliced)
- 1/2 cup radishes (sliced)
- 1 ripe avocado (chopped)
- 1/4 cup banana peppers
- 1/4 cup cheese of choice (parmesan, feta, goat cheese)
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dry basil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wash and cut vegetables into desired sizes. Chop them into small pieces.
- Place all ingredients in a large salad bowl and mix them up.
- Mix salad dressing ingredients in a small bowl, mix well until full incorporated.
- Add dressing to the salad.
- Serve on its own or as a side dish to complete your meal!