Thanks to having so many pre-made items at the supermarket, cooking times have decreased and success levels increased. This Veggie Pie Recipe uses a ready-to-use pie crust. You will have to blind bake it to keep it crispy, but the process is simple (see below).
- 1 Frozen Pie Crust
- 1 Egg (beaten)
- 1 large zucchini
- 1 small eggplant
- 1 inch diameter bunch of asparagus
- 1 medium-sized green pepper
- 4 plum tomatoes
- 4 Tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 Tbs parmesan cheese
- 6 oz goat cheese
- 2 large basil leaves (minced)
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Instructions for Blind Baking
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line the inside of the frozen crust completely with stick-free aluminum foil.
- Fill the aluminum with dry beans or rice.
- Bake for 45 minutes, then remove from the heat
Instructions for the Pie
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Prepare your vegetables. Cut the eggplant and green pepper into 1-inch slices, the zucchini into ¼-inch slices, chop the tomatoes, and half the asparagus lengthwise.
- Toss all the vegetables with olive oil, and all the rest of the ingredients.
- Transfer the vegetables to a baking tray.
- Bake 25 minutes (they should be tender). Make sure to stir twice during baking.
- Turn the vegetable blend into the pie crust.
- Reduce oven heat to 350 F.
- Bake 10 more minutes.
- Slice for serving.