The combination of rich dark chocolate and fresh strawberries serves as the perfect end to a wonderful meal. You make these easily ahead of time and store in the fridge, although I would advise making them on the same day that you plan on serving them.
Quick Chocolate-Covered Strawberries
- 16 large strawberries, washed under cold water.
- ¾ cup chocolate chips ((a mix of dark chocolate and milk chocolate is nice))
- 2 tbsp butter cut into small pieces.
- Wash and dry off your strawberries.
- Remove any dead leaves from the strawberry tops.
- Make sure the remaining green leaves on the strawberries are pulled upwards, away from the flesh of the berry that will be covered in chocolate.
- Set the strawberries aside on paper towels.
- In a small saucepan, gently melt the chocolate chips and incorporate the butter, stirring constantly.
- When the chocolate is completely melted and velvety smooth, quickly dip your strawberries in the chocolate, placing the dipped strawberries on sheet tray covered with parchment.
- Place sheet tray in fridge for at least 30 minutes prior to serving.
- The parchment will make it easier to remove the strawberries when you are ready to eat them.