When apple season comes around, there are so many things you can make. Apple pie, apple fritters, apple braised pork…well, you get the picture. But what about the humble apple by itself? They are a rich source of fiber, Vitamin C, and potassium, and have a low-calorie content. Better still, they come in all kinds of variety from sweet to tart, and everything in between.
This crunchy peanut butter dip recipe is made simply for dipping. The peanut butter adds protein to the nutritional content of this snacking item. And guess what? It will only take you 10 minutes to assemble.
Trick: Try using honey-flavored cream cheese or honey peanut butter instead of plain.
Tip: Dip slices of banana in it too!
The yield on this recipe is 2.5 cups
Crunchy Peanut Butter Dip
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 Tbs light brown sugar
- 2 tsp vanilla or apple extract
- ½ cup pecans (finely minced)
- In a mixing bowl, place the cream cheese, peanut butter, milk, and brown sugar.
- Hand stir the nuts into the mix.
- Slice up the apples just prior to serving to keep them from browning.
- You can keep leftovers for about a week in the refrigerator if they last that long!