This toasted bread with tomato, garlic, and olive oil will transport you to Spain..
Spanish Toast with Tomato, Garlic, and Olive Oil
This toasted bread with tomato, garlic, and olive oil will transport you to Spain.
- French bread, or other baguette, cut in half lengthwise
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 ripe tomato
- 1/2 clove garlic
- Drizzle the open face of each half of the baguette in olive oil.
- Bake on a sheet pan or on the stove until golden brown and crispy on the face.
- Rub the bread with raw garlic and fresh tomato, discarding the skin of the tomato after the flesh has been rubbed into the bread.
- Top with olive oil and a sprinkle of salt.
- serve hot!
Instead of rubbing whole tomatoes on the bread, you can blend the tomatoes with a little salt and serve that blended tomato mixture on top of the toasted bread. The bread can still be rubbed with garlic and dressed in olive oil before adding the tomato.