This is one of those items people love but always forget how to put everything together. It’s a simple mix of cereal, pretzels, rye bagel chips, and salty-savory-spicy seasonings, and boy, is it addictive. Always set aside a stash for yourself, so you get some!
You can’t get much easier than a snack that you can make in under 10 minutes. On the rare occasion you have leftovers, you can freeze them in an airtight storage bag for 6 months.
One of the best parts about this recipe is you get to play in your kitchen a bit. Don’t be afraid to be creative with your additions. Examples include cheddar crackers, sesame sticks, powdered ranch or garlic mix, smoky paprika, and a touch of hot sauce. For sweet tooths, you can consider white chocolate bits, cinnamon cereal, coconut flakes, M&M’s, toffee crunch, brown sugar, or honey.
Zesty Party Mix
- ¾ cup butter, (melted)
- ¼ tsp each seasoned salt, celery salt, garlic salt, onion powder
- 2 tbsp Worchestershire sauce
- 2 cups each Corn Chex, Rice Chex, and Wheat Chex
- 1 cup mini pretzels
- 1 cup nuts (your choice)
- 1 cup rye bagel bits
- Set your oven for 250 F (you need the low heat to make sure nothing burns).
- Melt the butter and stir in the spices and Worchestershire sauce.
- Using a LARGE mixing bowl (a stockpot might work, too), blend the dry ingredients together.
- Add the butter. Stir again until everything is evenly coated.
- Pour this out evenly over a baking tray.
- Bake for one hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Cool and serve