I once was working in a restaurant where I was just following a big batch recipe blindly, and didn’t really understand what in the world I was making. I was mixing a ton of shredded cheese with pulled chicken and cream cheese and Frank’s Red Hot sauce in a large Hobart stand-mixer.
For some reason, I was convinced that whatever I was making was meant to be served as a casserole-style entree, and I recall remarking to a colleague that it just seemed so heavy and I couldn’t imagine eating the whole thing for dinner! It just seemed like so much cheese and hot sauce for an entrée!
My co-worker immediately recognized that I didn’t understand that what I had just created was a buffalo chicken dip, and responded back with a big smile, “Yea! Almost like it would go great with tortilla chips or something!”
Anyways, this Buffalo chicken dip recipe is an homage to that experience and the wonderful folks working in the kitchen at Farm & Coast Market in MA.
Super Bowl Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 8oz (1 package) Philadelphia cream cheese, softened at room temperature
- ¾ cup Frank’s Red Hot sauce
- ½ cup ranch dressing
- ½ cup crumbled blue cheese
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 scallions, finely sliced
- Preheat your oven to 350F.
- In a large bowl, combine the shredded chicken with the softened cream cheese, hot sauce, ranch dressing, and blue cheese.
- Spread the mixture into an 8×8-inch greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle the cheddar cheese mixture over top.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbling and the inside of the dip is warm.
- Remove from the oven, and top with the finely-sliced fresh scallions.
- Serve with tortilla chips or fresh vegetables like celery sticks or bell peppers. Enjoy warm!