There are a lot of situations in which you want finger food. Maybe it’s game day, a grill out, a picnic, or a casual brunch. In any case, having something you can take with you as you socialize, like these stuffed cherry tomatoes, is really handy (pun intended).
You can easily make these ahead of time. The recipe can be doubled or tripled because each morsel disappears quickly thanks to fresh, crisp, clean flavors. It helps if you can find large cherry tomatoes. It makes it easier to clean and fill them.
Stuffed Sweet Cherry Tomatoes
- 12 cherry tomatoes
- 1 ½ ounce vegetable cream cheese ((or garlic))
- 1 Tbs mayonnaise or salad dressing
- 2 Tbs finely minced seedless cucumber ((peeled))
- ½ Tbs green onion, (minced)
- 1 tsp dill
- Take a tiny slice off the top of each cherry tomato.
- Scoop out the pulp (you can keep it for sauce if you wish).
- Turn the tomatoes upside down to drain on a paper towel.
- Combine the remaining ingredients in a small bowl, mixing until smooth.
- Pat the tomatoes to be sure they’re fairly dry
- Spoon some of the mixture into each tomato (if you have a piper, the resulting presentation will delight the eye).
- Refrigerate until serving.
- These last 3-5 days in the refrigerator if stored in a shallow, covered pan or food storage container.