If you’re tailgating or just enjoying a game day at home, nothing screams “day off” like this spicy chicken dip recipe as a sauce for nearly any snack. Soft pretzels? You bet! Tortilla chips, celery, and carrots? Yum! In this case, we’ll look to premade breadsticks you can make and serve with the dip.
You can use flavored cream cheese for this recipe (like chive or garlic). Also, change things up by using chunk tuna instead of the chicken, and flavored breadsticks instead of plain.
When making larger pieces of chicken on the grill, use a pastry brush and try this as a finishing sauce.
Spicy Chicken Dip
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup cooked chicken breast (canned is fine)
- cup Frank’s Hot Sauce
- cup blue cheese dressing
- Pre-prepare the breadsticks. Most commercial products call for a 425 degree oven for 6 minutes.
- Melt the cream cheese in a saucepan.
- Add the chicken, hot sauce, and blue cheese.
- Stir as everything integrates.
- If you want it thicker, add more cream cheese a spoonful at a time.
- Serve in ramekins or other small dipping bowls.
- This has a refrigerator shelf life of 3-4 days.